Peer-reviewed research papers (*: Corresponding author, §: Co-first authors)
62. Development of a Squaraine-based Molecular Probe for Dual-Modal in vivo Fluorescence and Photoacoustic Imaging, Yong Dae Park, Jam-Eon Park, Hyeon Sik Kim, Seung-Hyeon Choi, Jung Eun Park, Jongho Jeon*, Seung-Hwan Park*, Bioconjugate Chem., 2020, 31, 2607-2617.
61. A functionalized nanocomposite adsorbent for the sequential removal of radioactive iodine and cobalt ions in aqueous media, Jung Eun Park, Ha Eun Shim, Sajid Mushtaq, Yong Jun Choi, and Jongho Jeon*, Korean J. Chem. Eng. 2020, 37, 2209-2215.
60. Radioanalytical Techniques to Quantitatively Assess the Biological Uptake and In Vivo Behavior of Hazardous Substances (Invited review), Jae Young Lee, Sajid Mushtaq, Jung Eun Park, Hee Soon Shin, So-Young Lee, and Jongho Jeon*, Molecules, 2020, 25, 3985.
59. Seong Hee Kang, Byung Yeoup Chung, Jung Eun Park, Jongho Jeon*, and Yong-Dae Park*, Activatable far-red emitting fluorescent probe for rapid detection of intracellular peroxynitrite, Talanta, 2020, 217, 121053.
58. Moo-hyun Koh, Jongho Jeon*, and Young Gyu Kim*, Stereoselective Synthesis of (2S,3R)-3-Hydroxyhomoserine Lactone via anti-Selective Dihydroxylation of an OBO Group-Protected Vinyl Glycine Analog, Appl. Chem. Eng. 2020, 31, 187-192.
57. Sajid Mushtaq, Seong-Jae Yun, and Jongho Jeon*, Recent advances in bioorthogonal click chemistry for efficient synthesis of radiotracers and radiopharmaceuticals, Molecules, 2019, 24, 3567.
56. Sang Yeob Lee, Ha Eun Shim, Jung Eun Yang, Yong Jun Choi, and Jongho Jeon*, Continuous flow removal of anionic dyes in water by chitosan-functionalized iron oxide nanoparticles incorporated in a dextran gel column, Nanomaterials, 2019, 9, 1164.
55. Saira Nayab, Jaeyoung Seo, Jaegyeong Lee, Eunhee Kim, Jongho Jeon, Hyosun Lee*, Synthesis, structures and reactivity of cobalt(II) complexes supported by N,N,N′,N′′-tetradentate N′-substituted bis((1H-pyrazol-1-yl)methyl)amine, Inorganica Chim. Acta, 2019, 496, 119071.
54. Jongho Jeon*, Review of Therapeutic Applications of Radiolabeled Functional Nanomaterials. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 2019, 20, 2323.
53. Hyungwoo Cho, Maeng Joon Jung, Jongho Jeon, Hyosun Lee*, Saira Nayab*, Synthesis, structural characterization and MMA polymerization studies of dimeric 5-coordinate copper(II), cadmium(II), and monomeric 4-coordinate zinc(II) complexes supported by N-methyl-N-((pyridine-2-yl)methyl)benzeneamine, Inorganica Chim. Acta, 2019, 487, 221-227.
52. Chang Heon Lee§, Ha Eun Shim§, Lee Song, Hi Gyu Moon, Kyuhong Lee, Jung Eun Yang, Ha Yeon Song, Yong Jun Choi, Dae Seong Choi, and Jongho Jeon*, Efficient and stable radiolabeling of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon assemblies: in vivo imaging of diesel exhaust particulates in mice, Chem. Commun., 2019, 55, 447-450. (Cover article)
[See also: JTBC 8시 뉴스룸 2018.11.28] 2018년 11월 28일 (수) 뉴스룸 다시보기 - 폐에 쌓이는 미세먼지…첫 '영상 확인', 원본링크: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVEap9AQn4I
[See also: KBS 뉴스 2018.11.28] “코 흡입 미세먼지 60% 폐에 축적…배출에 일주일” /KBS뉴스), 원본링크: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0GAslR4Kas
51. Ha Eun Shim, Lee Song, and Jongho Jeon*, Synthesis of 125I-labeled thiol-reactive prosthetic group for site-specific radiolabeling of human serum albumin (Protocol), J. Radiopharm. Mol. Probes, 2018, 4, 85-89.
50. Chang Heon Lee, Ha Eun Shim, Lee Song, and Jongho Jeon*, Preparation of radiolabeled polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon assemblies for biological assessment of diesel exhaust particulates (Protocol), J. Radiopharm. Mol. Probes, 2018, 4, 90-94.
49. Ha Eun Shim§, Jung Eun Yang§, Sun-Wook Jeong, Chang Heon Lee, Lee Song, Sajid Mushtaq, Dae Seong Choi, Yong Jun Choi,* and Jongho Jeon*, Silver Nanomaterial-Immobilized Desalination Systems for Efficient Removal of Radioactive Iodine Species in Water, Nanomaterials, 2018, 8, 660.
48. Ha Eun Shim§, Jae Young Lee§, Chang Heon Lee, Sajid Mushtaq, Ha Yeon Song, Lee Song, Seong-Jin, Choi, Kyuhong Lee*, Jongho Jeon*, Quantification of inhaled aerosol particles composed of toxic household disinfectant using radioanalytical method, Chemosphere, 2018, 207, 649-654.
[See also: SBS 뉴스 취재파일, 2018.07.31] '라돈 침대' 인체 위해성 입증 길 열렸다 국내 연구진, 라돈 등 유해물질 체내 추적 기술 개발, 원본 링크 : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004869959
[See also: 경향신문, 2018.06.07] '라돈 침대' 인체 위해성 입증 길 열렸다 국내 연구진, 라돈 등 유해물질 체내 추적 기술 개발, 원본 링크: http://news.khan.co.kr/kh_news/khan_art_view.html?art_id=201806072229015
47. Ha Eun Shim, Sajid Mushtaq, Lee Song, Chang Heon Lee, Hyosun Lee, Jongho Jeon*, Development of a new thiol-reactive prosthetic group for site-specific labeling of biomolecules with radioactive iodine, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2018, 28, 2875-2878.
46. Javeria Zaheer, Jongho Jeon, Seung-Bok Lee, Jin Su Kim*, Effect of Particulate Matter on Human Health, Prevention, and Imaging Using PET or SPECT, Prog. Med. Phys. 2018, 29, 81-91.
45. Sajid Mushtaq§, Mi Hee Choi§, Jung Eun Yang, Ha Eun Shim, Lee Song, Ha Yeon Song, Yong Jun Choi*, and Jongho Jeon*, Technetium-99m-based simple and convenient radiolabeling of Escherichia coli for in vivo tracking of microorganisms, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 2018, 317, 997-1003.
44. Ha Eun Shim, Sajid Mushtaq, Jongho Jeon*, An Efficient Method for Selective Desalination of Radioactive Iodine Anions by Using Gold Nanoparticles-Embedded Membrane Filter, J. Vis. Exp. 2018, 137, e58105.
43. Ha Eun Shim, Jongho Jeon*, Synthesis of 125I-labeled tetrazine for efficient radiolabeling of human serum albumin, J. Radiopharm. Mol. Probes, 2017, 3, 98-102.
42. Sajid Mushtaq, Seong-Jae Yun, Jung Eun Yang, Sun-Wook Jeong, Ha Eun Shim, Mi Hee Choi, Sang Hyun Park, Yong Jun Choi and Jongho Jeon*, Efficient and selective removal of radioactive iodine anions using engineered nanocomposite membranes, Environ. Sci.: Nano 2017, 4, 2157-2163.
41. Sajid Mushtaq, Jongho Jeon, Jung Ae Kang, You Ree Nam, Beom Su Jang, Sang Hyun Park*, Radiosynthesis and preliminary biological evaluation of 99mTc-labeled 2-methyl-2-pentylmalonic acid as an apoptosis imaging agent, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 2017, 313, 207-215.
40. Sajid Mushtaq, Dae Seong Choi, Jongho Jeon*, Radiosynthesis of 125I-labeled 2-cyanobenzothiazole: A new prosthetic group for efficient radioiodination reaction, J. Radiopharm. Mol. Probes, 2017, 3, 44-51.
39. Changsun Kang, Sian Gwon, Chul Gyu Song, Peter M. Kang, Seong-Cheol Park, Jongho Jeon, Do Won Hwang, and Dongwon Lee*, Fibrin-Targeted and H2O2-Responsive Nanoparticles as a Theranostics for Thrombosed Vessels, ACS Nano, 2017, 11, 6194-6203.
38. Mi Hee Choi, Sun-Wook Jeong, Ha Eun Shim, Seong-Jae Yun, Sajid Mushtaq, Dae Seong Choi, Beom-Su Jang, Jung Eun Yang, Yong Jun Choi* and Jongho Jeon*, Efficient bioremediation of radioactive iodine using biogenic gold nanomaterial-containing radiation-resistant bacterium, Deinococcus radiodurans R1, Chem. Commun. 2017, 53, 3937-3940.
[See also: 매일경제, 2017.06.07] [Science &] 잘쓰면 藥되는 방사선 과학, 원본 링크: https://www.mk.co.kr/news/it/view/2017/06/387033/
[See also: HelloDD, 2017.04.24] 미생물 활용 방사성폐기물 '99% 이상 흡착', 원본 링크: http://www.hellodd.com/?md=news&mt=view&pid=61424
37. Sang-Soo Han, Dong-Eun Lee, Hye-Eun Shim, Sangmin Lee, Taekhee Jung, Jung-Hwa Oh, Hyang-Ae Lee, Sung-Hwan Moon, Jongho Jeon, Seokjoo Yoon, Kwangmeyung Kim*, Sun-Woong Kang*, Physiological Effects of Ac4ManNAz and Optimization of Metabolic Labeling for Cell Tracking Theranostics, 2017, 7, 1164-1176.
36. Sajid Mushtaq, Jongho Jeon*, Synthesis of PET and SPECT Radiotracers Using Inverse Electron-demand Diels-Alder Reaction, Appl. Chem. Eng. 2017, 28, 141-152.
35. Mi Hee Choi, Ha-Eun Shim, Seong-Jae Yun, Sang-Hyun Park, Dae Seong Choi, Beom-Su Jang, Yong Jun Choi and Jongho Jeon*, Gold-Nanoparticle-Immobilized Desalting Columns for Highly Efficient and Specific Removal of Radioactive Iodine in Aqueous Media, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 29227-29231.
34. Jongho Jeon*, Ha Eun Shim, Sajid Mushtaq, Mi Hee Choi, Sang Hyun Park, Dae Seong Choi, Beom-Su Jang, An Optimized Protocol for the Efficient Radiolabeling of Gold Nanoparticles by Using a 125I-labeled Azide Prosthetic Group, J. Vis. Exp. 2016, 116, e54579.
33. Mi Hee Choi, Ha Eun Shim, Seong-Jae Yun, Hye Rim Kim, Sajid Mushtaqa, Chang Heon Lee, Sang Hyun Park, Dae Seong Choi, Dong-Eun Lee, Eui-Baek Byun, Beom-Su Jang*, and Jongho Jeon*, Highly efficient method for 125I-radiolabeling of biomolecules using inverse-electron-demand Diels–Alder reaction, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2016, 24, 2589-2594.
32. Jung Ae Kang, Seon Hye Yoon, Jong Kook Rho, Beom-su Jang, Dae Seong Choi, Dong-Eun Lee, Eui-Baek Byun, Jongho Jeon, Sang Hyun Park*, Radioprotective effect of hesperetin against γ-irradiation-induced DNA damage and immune dysfunction in murine splenocytes, Food Sci. Biotechnol. 2016, 25, 163-168.
31. Seung-Jin Jung, Jun Young Lee, Tae Ho Kim, Dong-Eun Lee, Jongho Jeon, Seung Dae Yang, Min Goo Hur, Jung-Joon Min, Yong Dae Park*, Discovery of boronic acid-based fluorescent probes targeting amyloid-beta plaques in Alzheimer’s disease, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2016, 26, 1784-1788.
30. Sajid Mushtaq, Jongho Jeon, Aqeela Shaheen, Beom-Su Jang, Sang Hyun Park*, Critical Analysis of Radioiodination Techniques for Micro and Macro Organic Molecules, J. Radionanal. Nucl. Chem. 2016, 309, 859-889.
29. Mi Hee Choi, Ha Eun Shim, You Ree Nam, Hye Rim Kim, Jung Ae Kang, Dong Eun Lee, Sang Hyun Park, Dae Seong Choi, Beom-Su Jang, Jongho Jeon*, Synthesis and evaluation of an 125I-labeled azide prosthetic group for efficient and bioorthogonal radiolabeling of cyclooctyne-group containing molecules using copper-free click reaction, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2016, 26, 875-873.
28. Mi Hee Choi§, Jong Kook Rho§, Jung Ae Kang, Ha Eun Shim, You Ree Nam, Seonhye Yoon, Hye Rim Kim, Dae Seong Choi, Sang Hyun Park, Beom-Su Jang, Jongho Jeon*, Efficient radiolabeling of rutin with 125I and biodistribution study of radiolabeled rutin, J. Radionanal. Nucl. Chem. 2016, 308, 477-483.
27. Jongho Jeon, Ha Eun Shim, Sajid Mustaq, Jung Ae Kang, You Ree Nam, Seonhye Yoon, Hye Rim Kim, Dae Seong Choi, Beom Su Jang, Sang Hyun Park, Radiosynthesis and in vivo evaluation of [125I]2-(4-iodophenethyl)-2-methylmalonic acid as a potential radiotracer for detection of apoptosis, J. Radionanal. Nucl. Chem. 2016, 308, 23-29.
26. Sunghye Choi, Saira Nayab, Jongho Jeon, Sang Hyun Park, Hyosun Lee, Cobalt (II) Complexes Containing N’-Substituted N,N’,N-bis((1H-pyrazol-1-yl)methyl)amine Ligands: The Formation of Four-Coordinate or Five-Coordinate Complexes as a Function of the N’-Substitution group in N,N’,N-bis((1H-pyrazol-1-yl)methyl)amine, Inorg. Chim. Acta. 2015, 438, 118-127.
25. Jongho Jeon*, Jung Ae Kang, Ha Eun Shim, You Ree Nam, Seonhye Yoon, Hye Rim Kim, Dong Eun Lee, Sang Hyun Park, Efficient labeling method of iodine radioisotope using strain-promoted copper-free click reaction, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2015, 3303-3308.
24. Mikael Palner, Bin Shen, Jongho Jeon, Jianguo Lin, Frederick Chin*, Jianghong Rao*, Preclinical Kinetic Analysis of the Caspase-3/7 PET Tracer 18F-C-SNAT: Quantifying the Changes in Blood Flow and Tumor Retention After Chemotherapy, J. Nucl. Med. 2015, 56, 1415-1421.
23. Jongho Jeon*, Mi Hee Choi, Synthesis of 68Ga-Labeled Gold Nanoparticles for Tumor targeted Positron Emission Tomography Imaging, J. Radiopharm. Mol. Probes, 2015, 1, 46-52.
22. Jongho Jeon, So-Young Ma, Dae Seong Choi, Beom-Su Jang, Jung Ae Kang, You Ree Nam, Seonhye Yoon, Sang Hyun Park*, Radiosynthesis of 123I-labeled hesperetin for biodistribution of orally administered hesperetin, J. Radionanal. Nucl. Chem. 2015, 306, 437-443.
21. So-Young Ma, You Ree Nam, Jongho Jeon, Jong Kook Rho, Dong-Eun Lee, Dae Seong Choi, Beom-Su Jang, Sang Hyun Park*, Simple and efficient radiolabeling of hyaluronic acid and its in vivo evaluation via oral administration, J. Radionanal. Nucl. Chem. 2015, 305, 139-145.
20. Yujin Song, Saira Nayab, Jongho Jeon, Sang Hyun Park*, Hyosun Lee*, Cadmium(II) complexes containing N'-substituted N,N-di(2-picolyl)amine: The formation of monomeric versus dimeric complexes is affected by the N'-substitution group on the amine moiety, J. Organomet. Chem., 2015, 783, 55-63.
19. Sunghoon Kim, Yujin Song, Ha-Jin Lee, Jongho Jeon, Sang Hyun Park*, and Hyosun Lee*, Palladium(II) Complexes with N,N’-Bidentate N-Methyl-N-(pyridin-2-ylmethyl)aniline and its Derivatives: Synthesis, Characterization, and Methyl Methacrylate Polymerization, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 2015, 36, 609-617.
18. Jongho Jeon*, Nara Shin, and Young Gyu Kim*, Stereocontrolled Dihydroxylation Reactions of Acyclic Allylic Amines, Appl. Chem. Eng. 2014, 25, 437-446. (Cover article)
17. Jongho Jeon, Nara Shin, Jong Hyup Lee, and Young Gyu Kim*, Efficient Stereoselective synthesis of (2S,3S,4S)-Dihydroxyglutamic acid, Appl. Chem. Eng. 2014, 25, 392-395.
16. Moonyong Shin, Myeong Hak Kim, Tae-hwan Ha, Jongho Jeon, Kyoo-Hyun Chung, Jin Seuk Kim, Young Gyu Kim*, Synthesis of Novel 2,4,6,8,10-Pentaaza[3.3.3]propellane Derivatives, Tetrahedron, 2014, 70, 1617-1620.
15. Xinhui Su, Kai Cheng, Jongho Jeon, Bin Shen, Gianina Teribele Venturin, Xiang Hu, Jianghong Rao, Frederick T. Chin, Hua Wu and, Zhen Cheng*, Comparison of Two Site-Specifically 18F-Labeled Affibodies for PET Imaging of EGFR Positive Tumors, Mol. Pharmaceutics, 2014, 11, 3947-3956.
During Ph. D. course and post-doctoral researcher (2002-2013)
14. Bin Shen§, Jongho Jeon§, Mikael Palner, Deju Ye, Adam Shuhendler, Frederick T. Chin* and Jianghong Rao* (§: co-first authors), Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of Drug-Induced Tumor Apoptosis with a Caspase-3 Triggered Nano-aggregation Probe (Selected as Very Important Paper and a cover article), Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 10511-10514.
13. Jongho Jeon, Bin Shen, Liqin Xiong, Zheng Miao, Kyung Hyun Lee, Jianghong Rao* and Frederick T. Chin*, Efficient Method for Site-specific 18F-Labeling of Biomolecules Using the Rapid Condensation Reaction between 2-Cyanobenzothiazole and Cysteine, Bioconjugate Chem., 2012, 23, 1902-1908.
12. Jongho Jeon, Kyung Hyun Lee and Jianghong Rao*, A strategy to enhance the binding affinity of fluorophore–aptamer pairs for RNA tagging with neomycin conjugation, Chem. Commun. 2012, 48, 10034-10036.
11. Young-Hwa Kim§, Jongho Jeon§, Su Hyun Hong§, Won-Kyu Rhim, Yun-Sang Lee, Hyewon Youn, June-Key Chung, Myung Chul Lee, Dong Soo Lee, Keon Wook Kang*, Jwa-Min Nam* (§: co-first authors), Tumor Targeting and Imaging Using Cyclic RGD-PEGylated Gold Nanoparticle Probes with Directly Conjugated Iodine-125, Small, 2011, 7, 2052-2060.
10. Zuyong Xia, Yun Xing, Jongho Jeon, Young-Pil Kim, Jessica Gall, Anca Dragulescu-Andrasi, Sanjiv S. Gambhir, Jianghong Rao*, Immobilizing Reporters for Molecular Imaging of the Extracellular Microenvironment in Living Animals, ACS Chem. Biol., 2011, 6, 1117-1126.
9. Jungjoon Lee§, Kyung Hyun Lee§, Jongho Jeon§, Anca Dragulescu-Andrasi, Fei Xiao, Jianghong Rao* (§: co-first authors), Combining SELEX Screening and Rational Design to Develop Light-Up Fluorophore-RNA Aptamer Pairs for RNA Tagging, ACS Chem. Biol., 2010, 5, 1065-1074.
8. Jinhwa Seo, Hyojin Lee, Jongho Jeon, Yeongseon Jang, Raehyun Kim Kookheon Char*, Jwa-Min Nam*, Tunable Layer-by-Layer Polyelectrolyte for Comparative Cell Assays, Biomacromolecules, 2009, 10, 2254-2260.
7. Jongho Jeon, Dongkwon Lim, Jwa-Min Nam*, Functional Nanomaterial-Based Amplification Strategies for Bioassays, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2009, 19, 2107-2117.
6. Jongho Jeon, So-Hee Kim, Jong Hyup Lee, Young Gyu Kim*, anti-Selective dihydroxylations of monosubstituted allylic amine and gamma-amino-alpha,beta-unsaturated (E)-esters by bulky alkyl groups”, Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., 2009, 30, 1003-1008.
5. Jongho Jeon, Jong Hyup Lee, Jung-Won Kim, Young Gyu Kim*, syn-Selective dihydroxylation of gamma-amino-alpha,beta-unsaturated (Z)-esters from d-serine: Stereoselective synthesis of d-iminolyxitol, Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 2007, 18, 2448-2453.
4. Cheoljin Kim, Jaeeun Kim, Hyung-Yeon Park, Robert J. C. McLean, Chan Kyung Kim, Jongho Jeon, Song-Se Yi, Young Gyu Kim, Yoon-Sik Lee, Jeyong Yoon*, Molecular Modeling, Synthesis and Screening of New Bacterial Quorum sensing Antagonist, J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2007, 1591-1599.
3. Jongho Jeon, Moonyong Shin, Jae Won Yoo, Joon Seok Oh, Jae Gwang Bae, Seung Hwan Jung, Young Gyu Kim*, Highly anti-selective dihydroxylation of 1,2-dialkyl substituted (Z)-allylic amines: Stereoselective synthesis of a D-ribo-phytosphingosine derivative, Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 1105-1108.
2. Jongho Jeon, Suk-Koo Hong, Joon Seok Oh and Young Gyu Kim*, Stereoselective Synthesis of Protected (2R,3R,4S)-4,7-Diamino-2,3-dihydroxyheptanoic Acid: A Novel Amino Acid of Callipeltins A and D, J. Org. Chem., 2006, 71, 3310-3313.
1. Joon Seok Oh, Jongho Jeon, Do Yeon Park, and Young Gyu Kim*, Stereoselective dihydroxylation reactions of reactions of gamma-amino-alpha,beta-unsaturated esters via their aryl ketimine derivatives", Chem. Commun., 2005, 770-771.